Phuket Sandbox - Official Rules and Regulations for entry into Phuket
Overseas vaccinated tourists will be welcomed into Phuket from 1 July 2021.
For guests who wish to travel to our beautiful island, these are the rules and conditions stipulated by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) detailing the procedure that has to be complied with in order to enter the island.
Upon arrival at the Phuket International Airport, tourists will be required to undergo a COVID-19 screening, including PCR tests, and download the specified track and trace application to ensure that they only visit the designated areas.
Those who have completed all the below requirements do not need to be quarantined:
Who can travel to Phuket from abroad?
- Vaccinated foreign travelers from low and medium risk countries
- Unvaccinated children under 6 years old traveling with vaccinated parents
- Unvaccinated children between 6 years old and 18 years old (Rapid Antigen Test on arrival is required)
Full vaccination is required at least 14 days prior to your arrival in Thailand and not more than 12 months.
Unvaccinated adult travelers will be required to undergo mandatory quarantine at any ALQ Hotels (ALQ - alternative local quarantine) in Phuket for 14 days
- Travelers must stay in a SHA+ accredited hotel in Phuket only.
- Travelers must fly directly to Phuket from abroad.
- If travelers are staying less than 14 days in Phuket, you must fly out of Phuket to an international destination.
- If you are staying for 14 days or more in Phuket, you will then be able to travel to any domestic destination in Thailand.
- Tourists need to present certification of being fully vaccinated with approved vaccines that are recognised by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR method, issued no longer than 72 hours before departure from tourists’ home country.
- A Certificate of Entry (COE) issued by the Thai Embassy Certificate of Entry (COE)
- Valid visa or re-entry permit
- Health insurance policy covering COVID-19 healthcare of 100,000 USD.
- Negative Covid test upon arrival in Phuket.
- ThailandPlus alert application on mobile phone
- Travelers will need to remain on the island of Phuket for at least 14 nights before able to travel elsewhere in Thailand.