Booking Terms and Conditions for The Villas – Nai Harn
Bookings are taken through villa rental websites or directly with the Property Manager. The term ‘The Villas’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the management company, The Villas Management Company Limited. Our company registration number is 0835554002172 and we operate from our offices in Phuket, Thailand. The term ‘villa’ refers to the villa named on the booking confirmation. By submitting the booking form it shall be taken as confirmation of acceptance of the following terms and conditions
- 1. BOOKINGS
- 1.1 Provisional Confirmation of Availability and Rates Upon receipt of a request, The Villas confirm availability and the applicable rates for the period and duration and the amount of deposit required. Bookings are on a ‘first-come, first served’ basis.
- 1.2 Exclusions & Additional Charges Rates do not include baggage handling, gratuities, international telephone, baby sitting, food supply, soft drinks and/or liquor, personal items and expenses, and any excessive cleaning required upon departure (such as upholstery or curtain shampooing, etc) nor replacement of breakages/damages in furniture, decoration and villa finishes.
- 1.3 Rates Villa booking rates quoted by The Villas are on a per night basis and are inclusive of daily maid service. Driver and cook are additional. Check-in time is after 3:00 PM, with check-out by 12:00 noon on the day of departure. The rate is determined by The Villas at its sole discretion and can vary according to the duration of the booking and of the season.
- 1.4 Occupancy Rates quoted for The Villas allow for a maximum occupancy of each individual villa as stated in the descriptions. The Villas can accommodate additional young children/babies, but this will depend on the age of the occupants and is at the discretion of the Villa Manager.
- 1.5 Services included The booking rate includes a The Villas designated representative to meet guests at the airport in Phuket and to escort them to the villa for an inventory check together with the Villa Manager. Each villa is serviced by a daily maid, gardener and pool boy. Each villa is equipped with linen, crockery, utensils, and an initial supply of soap and toiletries. Cleaning, electricity, pool cleaning and gardener are also included. Additional services offered of cook, baby-sitter and driver are at extra cost. Additional services are subject to change.
- 1.6 Local Tax The payment of the local tax is made by The Villas.
- 1.7 Initial Deposit An initial deposit (generally 50%) calculated on the total booking amount is requested and is due immediately after completion/execution of the Booking Form. It must be paid to The Villas before a confirmation can be issued. The booking shall become effective only when the amount of the deposit has been received by The Villas. Quoted rates are not guaranteed until receipt of the deposit. If funds are not received within 5 banking days following the date of the booking, the booking shall be deemed to be cancelled. Funds should be transferred into the bank account detailed separately.
- 2. PAYMENT
Final payment consisting of the remaining balance must be received by The Villas, in one or several instalments, at least one month prior to guest arrival (100% advance payment will be required if the booking is made less than 30 days before the guest’s arrival). Failure to make the final payment on a timely basis will make reservations subject to automatic cancellation. All rates for accommodation are quoted in US dollars. Funds should be deposited into the bank account detailed separately.
- 3. CANCELLATIONS OF BOOKING
If a guest requests to cancel all or part of the booking he must notify the booking agent or the Villa Manager directly in writing (email acceptable). The cancellation will take effect from the day the written confirmation is received. Cancellation charges will be payable depending on date of the notification of the cancellation and the period. The following general regulations shall apply:
– More than 90 days (12 weeks) before arrival date: all deposit is refundable.
– From 45 to 89 days (4 to 11 weeks): 20% of full price will be non-refundable.
– From 30 to 44 days: 50% of the full price becomes non refundable
– From 29 days and less: 100% of the full price becomes non refundable.
The above cancellation charges also apply if The Villas cancels the booking due to non-payment for whatsoever reason.
- 4. CHANGE OF BOOKING
Acceptance of any change is subject to approval by The Villas.
- 5. DEPOSIT AND ADVANCE PAYMENT REFUND
Refund of monies paid for a Villa booking (and services) will be made only under the following circumstances:
- 5.1 If a villa becomes unfit for habitation and no equivalent replacement villa can be obtained (this qualifies for a 100% refund) from The Villas. The monies will be refunded back to the recipient’s account in whatever currency the deposit was paid.
- 6. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES
Guests should assume the Check-in time is after 15.00 pm, and checkout time is prior to 12.00 pm, unless otherwise agreed. Flexible arrangements may be taken where possible to accommodate flight arrival/departure times etc.
- 7. ALTERATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS BY THE VILLAS
Though it is unlikely that The Villas will have to make any changes to confirmed arrangements, it may occasionally happen that, and for any reason beyond its control, The Villas is unable to provide the guest with the villa requested by the booking agreement and will be obliged to cancel the booking (example: a villa is damaged or rendered unusable due to fire, flooding or natural disaster). The Villas will endeavour to make their best efforts to locate an alternative Villa for the period required but, should this not being possible, The Villas will cancel the booking and refund the booking in full, (less any bank transfer charges). The Villas shall not be liable for any further obligations or claims by the guest.
- 8. REGISTERED GUESTS
The number of people staying at the property must not exceed the maximum capacity indicated in the booking form, except in the case of infants (under four years old), or unless specifically authorised by the Villa Manager. Should the Villa Manager find out that the number of people staying at the Villa exceeds that on the booking form, additional guests will be charged for at 50 USD per person, per night, or asked to vacate and in case of non compliance the Booking may be cancelled without any other notice without any refund. The Manager, by the Rules, shall be entitled to take all legal measures to make the above enforceable under Thai Law.
- 9. SECURITY DEPOSIT
A security deposit of 20,000 Baht shall be paid to the Villa Manager on receipt of the keys and will cover the cost of repairs, damages or breakages during the occupancy period by the guest. Subject to an inventory check by the Villa Manager the full amount will be returned when checking out or the deposit can be off set against any extra costs incurred during the stay i.e. driver, extra guests, babysitting, food etc.
- 10. INSURANCE
It is a condition of the booking that the entire guest party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage). The Villas is not responsible to anybody for any and all claims including any accidents related to the use of the villa. The Villas shall not be responsible for any delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events outside The Villas’ control.
- 11. LIABILITY OF THE MANAGENENT COMPANY
The Property Manager shall keep the villa technically totally and permanently suitable for the residence of the number of persons stipulated in the Villa specification. Under no circumstances shall the Property Manager or The Villas be responsible for any loss, expense, damage, claim or injury either directly or indirectly, consequential or otherwise whatsoever, caused or incurred, whether arising in contract or otherwise in law or equity as a result of rendering of the services or accommodations as described or substituted, or by reason of military action, revolution or acts of God, or by any agents, employees, subcontractors, servants or third parties whatsoever supplying any of the services or accommodations herein or as substituted. If any accommodations and/or services are substituted, The Property Manager will act at all times in good faith and use its best efforts to substitute with accommodations and/or services of a type comparable to or better than those originally contracted. The Villas at their sole and unfettered discretion reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any person(s) and/or to rescind any contract for accommodations or guest services.
- 12. COMPLAINTS
The Property Manager’s duty is to make its best efforts to fix in the shortest time any technical problems which may arise during the booking period. The manager must be notified within 24 hours of the occurrence giving rise to the complaint. If the villa is vacated by the guest due to above and before the end of the booking period the appropriate refund will be returned to the guests.
- 13. CONDUCT & BEHAVIOUR
If a booking is not made by the guest directly but by his agent of representative, such agent or representative shall be co- responsible for the correct and appropriate behaviour of the guests staying at the villa. Should any member of the party not behave in such a manner, the Manager may at their absolute discretion ask the offending guest or guests to vacate the villa forthwith.
- 14. STAFF AT THE VILLA
Each villa comes with a daily maid service. Additional staff, such as cook, baby sitter and driver can be organised if requested in advance, at extra cost. Additional services are specified in The A-Z guide to the villa.
- 15. LINEN & TOWELS
Linen and towels are included. These are normally changed every three (3) days. The villa is fitted with washing and drying machines for use by guests, or a laundry service can be provided by the villa staff at extra cost.
- 16. VALUABLES
Each villa is fitted with an individual safety box. Any valuables left at the villa are left at one’s own risk. Neither The Villas nor the Management nor the staff is responsible for their loss or damage.
- 17. PETS/SMOKING
Pets are not allowed on or about the premises. We would request no smoking at ‘The Villas’, but guests wishing to are kindly asked to do so outside, with care. Any breach of this term will result in loss of your deposit and eviction.
- 18. FIREWORKS
No form of fireworks, firecrackers or incendiary devices are to be used at any of our villas, nor within the grounds. Any breach of this term will result in loss of your deposit and eviction.
- 19. CHILDREN
Parents/guardians should be aware that due to the design and/or location of our properties there is need for constant supervision especially with regard to the swimming pools. We can advise on villa suitability before booking
- 20. DISCLAIMER
The Villas do not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents, theft to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.