Kayaking / Canoeing
For the best kayaking/canoeing, it is recommended that you book a trip to either Phang Nga Bay or Krabi, as the beaches in Phuket offer nothing in comparison. It is a completely different experience to canoe around the crystalline limestone caves of Hong Island, winding your way through the collapsed cave systems into the interior that can only be accessed in the purpose built canoes at low tide. Once inside the lagoons, which are open to the sky, the flora and fauna are abundant with exciting wildlife. A truly magical experience that can only be achieved by kayak.
We recommend contacting John Gray's Sea Canoe, as this experienced and professional, world renowned company provides numerous canoeing trips to these beautiful islands. Accompanied by experienced guides, who provide advice and commentary about the area and each distinct character of the "hong" you are exploring , you will make the very most out of your day.
JOHN GRAY'S SEA CANOE – DAY IN THE ISLANDS TOUR:
This is a private charter canoe trip designed for 4 to 8 people on board a "fast longtail" boat that circumnavigates Phang Nga bay. With room for the kayaks, the two experienced guides take you to three remote islands to explore the extraordinary and dramatic limestone formations. You will be instructed on basic kayaking skills, paddle round two of the islands, with the benefit of avoiding many of the crowds, enjoy a picnic lunch and visit the third island for more kayaking and fabulous opportunities for late afternoon photography.
• 08:00: Pick up from The Villas.
• 09:00: Arrive at Ao Por Pier on Phuket's East coast, board the traditional cabined "fast longtail" boatwith kayaks, and Nature Game briefing commences.
• 10:00: Circumnavigate the first island with guided paddle training.
• 11:00: Return to the boat and move to the next island.
• 11:30: Arrive at the second island and enjoy excellent white sand beaches and dramatic limestone cliffs.
• 12:30: Traditional Thai/western picnic lunch.
• 13:30: Move to the third island.
• 14:00: Circumnavigate the large and diverse island, finally entering a large Hong.
• 15:30: Depart for Ao Por Pier.
• 16:30: Arrive Ao Por Pier and transfer back to The Villas arriving around 17:30.
JOHN GRAY'S SEA CANOE – HONGS BY STARLIGHT TOUR:
This unique trip departs "The Villas" at 12:30, then departs Ao Por Pier while enjoying a light lunch, en–route for a quiet afternoon exploring the extraordinary and dramatic limestone formations. You will be instructed on basic kayaking skills, then have the opportunity to paddle round cave/hong systems, with the benefit of avoiding many of the crowds, as they will be on their way home.
You then enjoy a Thai Seafood buffet dinner during a spectacular Phang Nga Bay Sunset, and after dinner, you are assisted by the Thai staff to make your own "Kratong" (a floating banana leaf and flower creation designed to take away bad omens and bring good wishes). After dark, you return to the tranquillity of the Hong you visited earlier in the afternoon to launch your Kratong and with no torches or talking – three natural light sources (the moon, the stars and the natural luminescence) create a lifetime memorable moment.
• 12:30: Pick up from The Villas.
• 13:30: Arrive Ao Por Pier on Phuket's East coast and board our modern twin–engine escort boat. Enjoy a Thai–style light lunch, followed by trip and Nature Game briefing.
• 14:30: Arrive first island and explore 1–2 caves and hongs.
• 15:30: Return to the boat and move to the second island.
• 16:00: Explore two more caves and hongs.
• 18:00: Self–paddle, swimming and making of Kratongs while waiting for the sunset.
• 18:15: Thai seafood buffet dinner during Phang Nga Bay Sunset.
• 19:00: Return to a previously visited hong after dark and launch your Kratong.
• 20:00: Depart for Ao Por. Play Star Games on the Starlight deck.
• 21:00: Arrive at Ao Por Pier and transfer back to "The Villas", arriving around 22:00.
86 Soi 2/3, Yaowarat Road, Taladyai, Muang Phuket 83000
Tel: +66 (0) 76 254505-6
For general information: [email protected]
For reservation: [email protected]